Suntax (was: [updates] 25 more for 3.1)

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Sun Feb 18 15:27:16 UTC 2001

At 23:11 17.02.2001 -0800, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>3617suntaxBob1-raa -- Bob Arning -- 13 February 2001
>3619suntax2-raa -- Bob Arning -- 16 February 2001
>3623suntax3-raa -- Bob Arning -- 16 February 2001

Cool stuff!  From tiles to code in, um, one easy step!  I couldn't resist
playing with it right away.

A couple of questions pop up, however:

Scenario (3.0g3 image updated to 3.1a3636):  I have a simple car sketch,
and a script with my usual "Sketch turnby 5" and "Sketch forwardby 5"
old-style PhraseTiles.  I then switch it to new-style SyntaxMorph textual
tiles.  I marvel at the "Sketch1" -> "self" conversion.

Q1: How does the contrast HandleMorph (blue swatch) work?  From glancing at
the code, its x should affect the contrast, no?  However, that doesn't seem
to have a visual effect yet...  (Also, it seems to turn off the red swatch
style choice.)

Q2: How would I go about moving (and removing) tile groups in the new
style?  Grabbing and dragging tiles and tile groups always drags a
copy.  Hmm.  The northeast arrow that appears when a tile group is selected
might do that -- but no:  Grabbing that I get a #detect: failure in
SyntaxMorph>>retract.

I see that it's all still in flux, and further tweaks are probably already
in the pipeline.

Just curious,
Helge