Compiling UNIX 3.0 VM

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Feb 20 02:16:18 UTC 2001

Gaaak!  Just to follow up on my own post a bit...I notice that the 3.0 sources
can compile 'statically' or 'dynamically'...it seems that a squeak.a library
is created with all the plugins inside (Including the UnixOSProcessPlugin).
However, using UnixOSProcess in the resulting VM doesn't work...the VM still
tries to load the UnixOSProcessPlugin.so file.  Using the default configure
should build the plugins shared, but it doesn't seem to want to build them
shared.

Also...Ian, if you're reading this, I notice that while running the VM I get a
lot of "input event buffer overrun" messages on stdout...not sure what this
means.