Lost in Squeak world....

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Mon Feb 12 04:26:58 UTC 2001

At 1:20 AM -0300 2/12/01, Rick wrote:
>  started my project copying the PluggableFileList class renaming it - this
>window is the closest one to my aim - and then began modifying all
>necessary to
>fit my needs.

You might find it far better to start off with a subclass, rather
than just copying the code wholesale.

>editionView _ PluggableListView on: self
>   list: #editar
>   selected: nil
>   changeSelected: nil
>   menu: nil.
>
>The editar method just returns the OrderedCollection, that is defined in the
>initialize method and initially contents a single line, just for testing. When
>the application window is opened, editionView is correctly
>displaying that line,
>but when I click to select a file name in fileListView pane, nothing happens

Unsurprising behavior -- you might consider defining selectors for
the selected: and changeSelected: keywords.

I highly recommend taking up Ned's suggestion:

>  > Keep browsing! One thing you could do is browse the code of some of the
>  > browsers that use the PluggableList* classes. Just browse for class
>  > references to PluggableListView or PluggableListMorph.

These illustrate quite well how to use these widgets, which are quite
straightforward, I think.

Best,