optional panes out-of-the-box, and other preferences

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Tue Feb 6 00:27:43 UTC 2001

Scott,

Personally I'd opt *for* the optional buttons but *against* the annotation
panes. The optional buttons are useful for the most common operations
(although there should actually be some measurement on what the most
commonly used functions are) but personally I can't get anything useful out
of the annotation panes. The information provided is only useful under very
specific circumstances (how often do you need to know who touched a certain
method or what change sets it's included in) and so, because of the lack of
commonly needed information, I'd rather not complicate the user interface
here.

Just my $.02,
  - Andreas