[ENH] MethodAutoCategorization-nk (fix to prior version)

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sat Feb 24 18:08:10 UTC 2001

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Saturday 24 February 2001 07:34, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
>
> > > No. Just as it says: "all methods that are categorized in my
> > > superclasses".
> >
> > Is this feature feature "categorize from superclasses" for all classes?
>
> I don't understand.

Not a wonder, since this case would be totally different from the next
one...

> There is a local one that you can get to from the browser
> that just affects the current class. It assigns categories to uncategorized
> methods in the current class by looking up the superclass chain. The first
> category it finds (if any) for each uncategorized method is used.

The next one:

> > If no: What's the difference between "recategorize all" and "categorize
> > from superclasses" then?
>
> "Recategorize all" first forgets all the categories that have been assigned
> to methods in the current class, then does a "categorize from superclasses".

So it's possible that there a more *uncategorized* methods as before, in
opposite to "categorize from superclasses".

But this contradicts a former statement by you:

> > > * recategorize all
> > > Recategorize all methods that are categorized in my superclasses; leave
> > > the rest as uncategorized.
> >
> > Does this also mean moving already categorized methods in the actual class
> > to uncategorized, if they aren't categorized in any superclass?
>
> No. Just as it says: "all methods that are categorized in my superclasses".

, since my question here seems to be answered with 'Yes' here, isn't it?

Thanks, I think I've gotten it now!

Greetings,

Stephan

--