SystemDictionary>>#allImplementorsOf:

C. Keith Ray ckeithray at home.com
Tue Feb 13 02:48:01 UTC 2001

> Why does this method return a collection of strings looking like
>  "ClassName  selectorName"
> instead of a collection of Class and selector pairs ?  Currently all users
> of this then have to turn around and use MessageSet
> class>>parse:toClassAndSelector: to extract this information.  You could try
> and argue that this mechanism uses less memory, but I think that would be
> incorrect.  Creating a two element array, or even an association, pointing
> to the already existing Class and selector objects, will in 99% of the cases
> take up less space than the string concat of there names.  Never mind the
> fact that we then have to parse this string after the fact.
>
> Would anyone have any objections to this being changed ?

Not me.

I was trying to find all methods that referred to a class... I eventually
had to do "Browse All Senders" to a class method of that class, but I really
wanted to see all the methods that instantiate an object of that class by
whatever means.

Still trying to learn my way around Squeak.

----

C. Keith Ray
<http://homepage.mac.com/keithray/resume.html>