[3.0] suggestion: inboard scroll bars

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Feb 4 21:44:26 UTC 2001

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Ned Konz wrote:

> Don't want to start a religious war, but could the "out-of-box
> experience"  include somewhat more familiar, inboard (as opposed to
> flop-out) scrollbars?  The old arguments about screen real estate
> don't hold as much weight any more with people mostly using screens at
> 800x600 or above, and it's easier to move your mouse to something you
> can see.

Well, I do like them. Also, the floppy bars pretty much are the only
obvious UI thingie that makes Squeak stand out from the rest. They're
self-explaining, and you can turn it of. And there *never* is
"enough" screen real-estate ...

What I do not like is the "Menu" flap - especially since some menus
are cut off. I like the menu-color-from-world-background setting. I don't
like the green (!) of the Welcome window. I like to stop now ;^)

-- Bert