Squeak V3 (was: Final call for 2.9 updates)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 2 18:32:06 UTC 2001

Would not a v3.0 leap be a sensible time to finally remove the obsolete
numbered primitives and to add the replacement methods that call the
plugins properly? We already need a new vm to get tolerable performance
(the largint stuff, input event related changes etc) and we are making
new vms anyway. Seems pretty tacky to leave a cludge like that (howver
clever it is) in the system so long.

tim

"How many Kzin does it take to change a lightbulb?" "None. You can scream and leap in the dark."