Independent window (Re: Native GUI Squeak?)

Rick ricardosbc at netwave.com.br
Sun Feb 18 15:32:21 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Rick wrote:
>
> > Using Squeak seems that I do not have this choice, I must use Squeak
> > style windows and/or dialogs...
>
> I just was struck by an even better idea: Just make Windows/Mac/X/whatever
> look like Squeak and your users will be immediately familiar with it.

Hoho! Great! The best was if every window in every OS was so obvious that
could cause immediate familiarity. The more different a kitchen can be you
don't need any special brain effort to know where you can find water, for
example.
But when I tryed to install other OSs in my computer I found myself completely
lost without knowing even the basic 'how to start' something. After these
experiences, restarting Windows is just like coming back home...

> With
> widget themes that's no problem, and given the simplistic look of Squeak
> window decoration this should be easy to do. :)

Yes, it looks simple but hey, I still fight with those four mouse pointers for
the popping scrollbars...