[BUG] Incorrect moduleName when translating external plugin on Win32

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 5 23:06:18 UTC 2001

Bob Hartwig <bob at bobjectsinc.com> is widely believed to have written:

> Using version 3.0 on Win32, if I translate a plugin class, the generated
> moduleName variable appears as follows:
>
>  	const char *moduleName = "ExamplePlugin 5 February 2001 (e)";
The specification is (and has been for a longtime) for this to work...

> Of course, this doesn't match the name of the plugin class, so I
> immediately get a primitive failure.  If I manually edit the line to:
>
> 	const char *moduleName = "ExamplePlugin";
>
> Everything works nicely.
...which suggests a mistake in the comparison of the names - the code is
supposed to use 'strncmp()' rather than 'strcmp()'. In all the copies of
sqNamedPrims.c that I can find, it does this.

If you look at Smalltalk listLoadedModules or Smalltalk
listBuiltinModules you will see that the date and (i) or (e) is
included.

tim

Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?