Lost in Squeak world....

Rick ricardosbc at netwave.com.br
Tue Feb 13 02:10:54 UTC 2001

Hi, Ned!

> Well, some initial impressions:
>
> * Editada (a global) will be clobbered every time you make a new one of
> these. I couldn't see any reason it should be a global, so I'd make it an
> instance variable called "editada".

Ok, I made it as an instance variable... I did it global because I can inspect it
even after closing the application window...
-walkback in my brain: 'clobbered' not understood (I didn't find it in my english
dictionary (I am brazilian))

> * You shouldn't be calling changed: from the getter routines. For instance,
> fileString shouldn't call changed: (or be changing editada). This should be
> done from fileString: instead (which is called when the file name is changed
> by the user). Likewise with fileListIndex ; putting a changed: in there will
> not do what you want. Move the changed: calls to fileListIndex: instead.

Man, as I said, I tryed to put this line everywhere! Almost all methods were
tryed...

> You should know that these pairs of selected routines (a getter (selected)
> and a setter (changeSelected)) are called at different times. The getter is
> called every time the list has to be redrawn. If you want something to happen
> when someone clicks something, you have to put it in the setter.

I understood this and I have tryed it yet before posting my difficulty in the
mailing list....

> * If you're going to be using the various filter blocks from
> PluggableFileList, you should probably be subclassing PluggableFileList
> rather than FileList, and using its instance variables for these blocks.

I'm not worried with this at the moment, it is not essential and perhaps I'll not
use it.

> * If you're going to be using Morphic (not MVC), you would be better off
> coming up with your own version of openAsMorph, rather than open.

No morphic, unless someone can convince me that is ten thousands times easyer to
deal with... ( and the word 'morphic' is very similar to a bad word in
portuguese... hehehe)

> * Why did you rename fileListIndex to fileListIndx?

I tryed to use the original method located in FileList class, and because it was
not working I copyed it into Programador subclass. The rename was to be sure that
the 'new' method was being called, not the original.

Well, the changed: statements are now placed in both fileString: and
fileListIndx: methods, and editada is an instance variable, and this is not
working yet. I'm almost giving up because I am too much tired of thinking about.
:-(