How to make a GeeMailMorph live in a SystemWindow?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Feb 7 20:51:44 UTC 2001

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 February 2001 10:42, Bob Arning wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:29:31 -0800 Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > >What am I missing? This blows up (on 2.9):
> > >| geeMail window |
> > >
> > >geeMail _ (GeeMailMorph new) cornerStyle:  #square.
> > >window _ (SystemWindowWithButton labelled: 'Test').
> > >window addMorph: geeMail frame: (0 at 0 corner: 1 at 1).
> > >window openInWorld
> >
> > Ned,
> >
> > I just tried it in 2.9 and 3.1 without anyting blowing up. Was there some
> > further step to cause failure? What was the failure?
>
> The failure was a completely hung image (i.e. no alt-. action, etc.).
>
> Well, I have the following preferences set:
>
>         inboard scrollbars
>         scrollbars on right
>         hidden scrollbars
>
> Try these preferences. It looks like the key is "hidden scrollbars".

Yeah, it looks like there is some sort of infinite-loop conflict with the hidden scrollbars (see stack below)... I saw the problem in the latest 3.0 with hidden scrollbars turned on.

Interestingly, I noticed that with 3.0, the alt-. works, but in 2.9a-3278 it doesn't.  Also, having only inboard scrollbars on (but not hidden scrollbars) in 2.9a causes a problem, but seems to work okay in 3.0.  Weird.

Since I wrote the hidden scrollbars stuff, I could try to look at it tonight, if no one else figures it out before then.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com

GeeMailMorph(Morph)>>privateRemoveMorph:
GeeMailMorph(Morph)>>privateAddMorph:atIndex:
GeeMailMorph(ScrollPane)>>showScrollBar
GeeMailMorph(ScrollPane)>>hideOrShowScrollBar
GeeMailMorph(ScrollPane)>>setScrollDeltas
GeeMailMorph(AlansTextPlusMorph)>>layoutChanged