Macintosh VM (requests anyone?)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 5 23:04:00 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls <Dan.Ingalls at disney.com> wrote:
> >> I'm afraid you misunderstand.  I don't mean the changes file, I mean
> >> changesets, as in file-outs.  I transfer them between systems a heck
> >> of alot more often than I do changes files.
>
> >Not a bad idea, if it's not too hard to do.  Probably the same STch file type would be good for these?  At least, I think the same icon (the mouse inside the document) would be appropriate.  Also, .st fileouts should probably have the same file type as well.
>
> Another solution would be to compress them, which we request anyway for anyone posting changeSets.  Saves 4x in space and doesn't get munged by the mailers.  FileIn just needs to be apprised of the possibility.

On my computer, it's CrLfFileStream that changes the line endings, and
not any mail programs.  In fact, blindly compressing files on my disk
will faithfully *preserve* the LF's.  :)

I actually like it this way, but it can certainly lead to trouble for
others.  We just have to be careful.  (Or, we all have to use
CrLfFileStream, but that doesn't seem to be happening.)

-Lex