OT. Re: Updated CD-ROM Contents posted for review

anatoli fomenko anatoli.fomenko at eng.sun.com
Wed Feb 14 01:24:51 UTC 2001

> --
>    **************************************************
>    Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
>    www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
>    jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.
>
>    The one real object of education is to have a man
>    in the condition of continually asking questions.
>      -- Bishop Mandell Creighton
>
>    [here we must think more broadly of the use of "man"
>     to mean men AND women, rather, anyone with hands.]

Jeff,

You opened a can of worms. I'm in a mood to start an argument.
First of all, the block is not the Bishop's AFAIU. So, you cannot know what
he meant, unless you asked him. Have you?
Second, a woman constantly asking questions is not necessarily learning,
AFAIK. [Here my lawyer advised me to say that the same applies to a man].
So, we return to the first statement.
Third, when you talk about "with hands", I believe somebody may start with
you something like an argument between Diogen and Plato about a definition
of a man.

Sorry for being a [xxxx] [xxx]. Maybe, just because of listening Tangerine
Dream :)

Anatoli