[enh] celestetweaks

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Feb 2 19:57:44 UTC 2001

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Well, okay, whatever makes people happy.  I must admit it makes it very
> fast to select that top filter now!
Would be better yet if I could get the keyboard focus to the menu..

> Ah, okay.  So this is similar to doing a custom filter and then a "move
> all", except that it all happens automagically with one button press?  I
> know I got messed up the first time I pressed this, because I mistook it
> for the "custom filter" button.  Sadly, the message I'd selected
> disappeared from sight and I still don't know where it went to.
> Hopefully it wasn't an important message.  (and hopefully it was only
> one!)
The function automates the "I finished reading the last squeak mail,
move them all to where they're supposed to be". Very convinient and
natural if you're expecting it, nasty surprise if you aren't.

> It still seems good to leave this off of the main button bar, I think.
> New users will get stubbed by it, and ultra-efficient users will be
> using hotkeys anyway.
Fine with me. I do eventually want cmd-c and cmd-m to work the same,
especially since the first is a kind of "preview" for the the latter.
Given keyboard focus for the menu, both could pop the sorted menu.

> These enhancements are a joint effort between Lex Spoon and Steve
> Wessels.

> 5. The table of contents pane uses a new multi-column list morph, which
>makes for nicer looking lists.
Hey, that IS nice!

> 6. Messages that have attachments are indicated with @.
That's useful, but parsing all the messages on every move is just too
slow (for my taste, anyway). Maybe the information should be added to
the index file.

Daniel