OmniUser (was Re: [updates] 41 new ones for 3.1alpha)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 28 15:01:42 UTC 2001

Could someone who groks the new OmniUser interface (perhaps Bob?)
send a few line note about cool things to check out in it?  I'm
playing with it, and am intrigued, but still confused. Some examples
I'd appreciate help with:
- The default view is the "alternative" syntax, but if you click the
red button, you drop into Bob's SyntaxMorph-view.  Is there a way
back?
- How does one create a new line of code?

Thanks!
  Mark

>... as follows ...
>
>	- Dan
>----------------------------
>3697InvisibleGrab-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 23 February 2001
>Fixes the attempt to grab an invisible morph."
>
>3698loopingThreads-raa -- Bob Arning -- 24 February 2001
>Allow InternalThreadNavigationMorph to have multiple instances of a
>project and go to the right one in sequence."
>
>3699loopFix-raa -- Bob Arning -- 24 February 2001
>one final tweak to repeated projects in internal threads"
>
>3700WnldButtons-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 23 February 2001
>Adds a menu item to wonderland camera morphs allowing to hand out
>go/stop buttons which can be used when the actual wonderland script
>editor is hidden in a flap. AND ONLY IN THIS CASE."
>
>3701WeakObjectFields-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 11 February 2001
>Make both, DependentsFields and EventsFields in Object hold on to
>weak references."
>
>3702Archive-Zip-nk -- Ned Konz -- 23 February 2001
>This is a Smalltalk port of my Perl Archive::Zip module.
>It allows for full-featured creation and manipulation
>of Zip archives.
>It also contains some framework (currently unused)
>for adding Tar or other archives.
>(Smalltalk includesKey: #ZipFileConstants) ifFalse:[
>	Smalltalk at: #ZipFileConstants put: Dictionary new.
>].
>
>3703ZipViewer-nk -- Ned Konz -- 24 February 2001
>This is a moderately full-featured graphical Zip file explorer.
>It only works in Morphic.
>It requires my Archive-Zip change set.
>It looks best if you have a fixed text font like Atlanta 11."
>
>3704Retract3678 -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>Retracts CS 3678 in favour of Ned's much more complete zip archive
>implementation."
>
>3705ChgListUpToDate-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>Adds a menu item to the change list allowing to remove all
>up-to-date method entries (that is those changes that are identical
>with current version of method)"
>
>3706CleanseFix-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>Fixes a bug in #cleanseStepList which used Morph>>stopStepping when
>it determined that the Morph didn't belong to the current world. Of
>course, Morph>>stopStepping used 'self world' to find out where to
>stop stepping so nobody ever got removed."
>
>3707StampFix-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>Fixes #timeStampForMethod: which could fail when running in a
>securityChecksEnabled environment."
>
>3708PublishLight-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>Remove project navigation morph before publishing to reduce space
>usage. An empty project now publishes with approx. 4k."
>
>3709FXBltStack-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>The same fix for stack balance as in BitBlt."
>
>3710LeadingBlanks-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 24 February 2001
>Silently remove all leading blanks when publishing a project."
>
>3711threadOops-raa -- Bob Arning -- 24 February 2001
>fixed walkback due to missing #fixTemps"

> [...]

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu