Calling shared objects on Linux

Elzbieta Chludzinska elzbieta at operamail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:41:47 UTC 2001

I want to call a shared object (on Linux) from Squeak.  I've been reading the
chapter in the "Squeak Book" entitled "Extending the Squeak Virtual Machine".
I've read about the "Slang" dialect of Squeak and using it to generate C code
- cool!

My question is: If I have a *.so that I want to call from Squeak, should I
build another *.so (using Slang) that calls the *.so I need to invoke?  Is
there another way?  Can the *.so be called directly - in some fashion?

Elzbieta