[3.0] suggestion: inboard scroll bars

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Wed Feb 7 03:30:53 UTC 2001

Hi, Ned.

Besides GeeMail, another good place to assemble content like this is
a "Playfield", a.k.a. PasteUpMorph.  Get one from the Supplies Flap,
make it the size and color you want it, round its corners, etc., then
just drop things onto it and edit away.

To put textual content into it, grab a "Text for Editing" from the
Supplies flap and place it on the playfield.  Resize the text morph
as desired, then proceed to author your text.  You may want one
continuous TextMorph or it may suit your purposes to have multiple
ones.  You might want use a BookMorph (each of whose pages is after
all a Playfield) to organize your content.

By using the "avoid occlusions" feature in the text, you can actually
have your explanatory text flow around the live single-preference
button.

A Preference button would not normally stop working just because one
placed it in a book.  As long as it's visible, it will be alive.
This was perhaps just a problem with GeeMail.

   -- Scott