New MacOS-X VM released -- new URL!

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Fri Feb 16 17:00:22 UTC 2001

Hi folks,

I've just packaged a new release of the MacOS-X VM.  It is still 2.9
based, I wanted to get some fixes out before starting with the
conversion to 3.0.

A couple of changes have been made:

- App title fixed
- Now works with pre-event (2.8 and earlier) images
- workaround for click-sluggishness
	(in addition to the image-side changes)

New stuff:

- experimental full-screen support
	- requires both Squeak and OS to be in 16 bit mode
	- still some difficulties actually getting all of
	  the screen

- completely experimental and non-functioning translation
  of the VM to Objective-C included.  You can turn this
  on in Preferences, though you will have to figure out
  how to enable the button first (use InterfaceBuilder)

  This will run a couple of thousand bytecodes before
  dying in translated code that assumes everything
  has been translated to C, which isn't true any longer...

- first code for sound-support with CoreAudio (disbled)
  does make a (frightful) noise when enabled, but not
  the one it is supposed to make.  I just started
  yesterday and it will probably take a little longer
  to figure out.  Luckily, there are train-rides ahead
  in my immediate future!

Beware that the VM has been uploaded to a different location than
the previous ones, here is the URL:

	http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~marcel/Squeak/

Happy squeaking,

Marcel