`just slow it`....

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Feb 10 10:43:48 UTC 2001

At 10:48 09.02.01 +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
>
> > VisualWorks, for example is very fast.  Even SELF displays - if not
> > used in multiple user mode - its world fast enough, even if the
> > machine is heavily loaded.
>
>Both VW and Self use X primitives for rendering, not pixmaps.

Yes.  So what?  From the user's point of view I'm just comparing similar
applications.  I especially mentioned SELF as it has the same UI technology
- morphic - so it should be valid to compare both systems.  If Squeak's
current display technology isn't fast enough, we should change that.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \\ Truth Until Paradox