[BUG] Low Space problem in 3.0

James Howe jwh at allencreek.com
Mon Feb 19 19:44:00 UTC 2001

I just downloaded the new Squeak 3.0 final with the latest Windows VM and
I'm trying to run it under Windows 2000.  I brought up the image and poked
around some of the examples.  I then loaded in some simple turtle graphic
classes which I've been using under 2.8, and when I tried to run the code I
received a "Space is Low" alert.  Unfortunately, the system them proceeded
to hang.  I've played with various incarnations of Squeak 3.0 and have
always run into low space problems.  I'm certainly not doing anything that
a person new to Squeak wouldn't be trying so it concerns me that the system
always locks up.  Has anybody else run into this sort of problem?  I really
like the way 3.0 has shaped up, but the stability (at least on my machine)
is bothersome.

Thanks.