Mac VM 3.0.5MT

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Feb 13 21:04:36 UTC 2001

>>>>> "John" == John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> writes:

John> At 11:53 AM -0800 2/13/01, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> Hmm.  I can no longer use the update mechanism to take either
>> this VM or the alpha2 VM through the 3.1alpha stream.  And durn it,
>> I threw away my already updated image/changes files.  I get a type2
>> abort somewhere around update 3549 or so.
>>
>> Am I alone in this?  Or can we fix it?
>>
>> --
>> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
>> <merlyn at stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
>> Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
>> See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!

John> Ahhhhhh......

John> Ahhhhh....

John> Ok, it's a bug, where goodness knows, but we'll have a 3.06 VM shortly...

Well, it's likely a bug with the new gamma image, since I can use the
old image updated through the 3.1alpha stream just fine, with both the
old and new VM.

I've not tried taking an *old* image through the 3.1update-stream,
so it's possible that it's the update stream is corrupt, but that still
shouldn't trigger a type2 error regardless!