Project layout

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 15:14:52 UTC 2001

=> 2/27/01 7:37:55 AM EST, jon at huv.com =>
<< Dell's newest Inspiron laptop has a 15" screen that runs 1600 x 1200, 133
pixels per inch...

 I have the next model down, which with a 15" screen runs 1400 x 1050, which
is 117 pixels per inch, and I love it. >>

Jon,

I couldn't resist checking this out at the Dell site. After I loaded it up
with what seemed to me appropriate options for a box in this league (Intel
P-III @ 850MHz, 15.0" UltraXGA TFT Display, etc.), I came up with ~ $4000,
which isn't bad when you think of it as being a luggable "desktop" (not that
I can spend that kind of money -- if I had it, I would probably tempted to
buy one of the Apple 22" Portrait Displays, for which, as Alan says, "Lot's
of pixels are nice to have").

Cheers,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald