[BUG] 3.0gamma drag-and-drop

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Feb 14 17:58:25 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 14 February 2001 09:25, Mark Mayfield wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> I'm running the latest 3.0 gamma and there seems to be a bug when dragging
> a class to a different class category within a browser.
>
> 14 February 2001 11:22:12 am
> MessageNotUnderstood: category
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> Browser>>changeCategoryForClass:srcSystemCategory:atListMorph:internal:copy
>: Browser>>acceptDroppingMorph:event:inMorph:
> PluggableListMorph>>acceptDroppingMorph:event:
> PluggableListMorph(Morph)>>handleDropMorph:
> DropEvent>>sentTo:
>
> Mark

Actually, this happened when you *thought* you were dragging a class.
Actually, the drag occurs with the selected class, *not* the one you start
the drag on (this is A BUG).

Browser>>dragPassengerFor:inMorph: returns self selectedClass, which can be
nil.

This possibly also has to do with the commented-out code in
PluggableListMorph>>startDrag:onItem: where the selected morph would be set
to the morph being dragged if they weren't the same.

Uncommenting this commented code fixes your problem, but I don't know why it
was commented. I'd be reluctant to suggest this as a fix without knowing more.

Anyone know?

Andreas?

--
Ned Konz