[BUG] Morphic inner worlds cannot be closed, then stop working

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Feb 1 20:30:25 UTC 2001

Hi Doug,

On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:48:19 -0500 Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
>I'm not sure exactly what you mean by multiple projects being on-screen at once... I may have missed something.  Do you just mean the little project windows which come up after you do a "open/morphic project"?  You can't really interact with these unless you enter them, though.

No. What I meant was if you have a ProjectViewMorph (the little windows you refer to), then click on it and hold the button until a menu appears. Select 'ENTER ACTIVE' and the project will open in a bright green border with some colored buttons in the upper left. This you *can* interact with. Enjoy!

>I have to admit that I don't see Morphic inner worlds as being all that useful within a Morphic project... I never use them.  (I just happened to open one by accident and noticed the bug.)  Morphic inner worlds are very useful from within an MVC project, though, if you want to be able to edit Preferences, use Scamper, etc.

That's a little different. You can edit preferences in MVC without going the route of inner worlds. Inner worlds (sometimes referred to as World-in-a-window) was an early attempt to have a morphic world within another morphic world. I'm figuring this isn't of much use to anyone.

>(By the way, I was trying to remember how to get to the SuperSwiki to look for some projects to open, and I used the FIND button on the project navigation bar.  It brought up the "Load A Project" window, which lists the SuperSwiki, but when I tried to expand the SuperSwiki, a debugger opened with "Fully qualified path expected" in DosFileDirectory>>setPathName:, where pathName = 'Bobs SuperSwiki'.  This is on Win2000.)

Oops. I'll do something about that. BTW, you don't need to expand the directory, just select it and files will appear in the opposite pane.

Cheers,
Bob