Suntax

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Sun Feb 18 23:08:57 UTC 2001

At 10:58 18.02.2001 -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
>The blue/green swatches have limited effect so far and only in one of the
>red swatch modes. Put a test block in the scriptor and toggle the red
>swatch until the test shows up with rounded corners and Yes/No. Then the
>blue and green swatches will work like so:
>- click and release on one of the swatches
>- the hand will be holding a yellow resizer.
>- move the mouse right or left to adjust the value.
>- click when done to get rid of the dot.

Aha!  Now I see it.  Beautiful effect, that.  Thanks, Bob!

FWIW, I have tried it in 3.0g4 just now, and clicking the blue swatch did
not affect the red swatch state.  (The other image was my old 2.7
workhorse, carried through to 3.1a.)

One thing that surprised me slightly was, that during the contrast
adjustment, normal #wantsHalo (and #haloDelayTime) processing is
active.  So, lingering above the car lane will bring up the lane's
halos.  OTOH, attaching a Slider to the hand would require more interaction
steps, and thus feel less immediate...

Cheers,
Helge