[for 3.0] put the right version of Alice -- HELP

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Feb 11 11:56:16 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/alice/
> There is a rater big archive of 3d object for playing with here.
> It would be nice on the cd. One way of creating a new alice/ wonderland
> is pointing the filelist to one of these objects, and select open in
> wonderland
> in the filelist menu. Then copy any text/ examples over to the new wonderland.

OOOOPS!
The right procedure is
first to start a new wonderland:
Wonderland new (doIt) in a Workspace.

In the Wonderland script pane write
w makeActorFrom: 'path/to/object.mdl'
(the path to the object is easiest to get by using the
FileList, locate the mdl file you want to load/ make, select
copy name to clipboard from the filelist yellow button menu, and then
paste it
at the appropriate place.)
Then doIt. After a while the object will appear :-)
karl