[ENH] Additions to File (text area) menu

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Feb 9 07:20:42 UTC 2001

>From the preamble:

"Adds 'fileIn', 'file into new change set', and 'browse code' menu items to the file (text area) menu, to go along with 'browse changes' (so that it's similar to the file list menu).  This will make it easier for people to file in and browse changesets if they open them via the open.../file... menu.  Also removes 'fileIn selection', since it's already in the shift menu."

I added these to the File menu because some newcomers have tried the obvious (naive) method for loading changesets (via the "open.../file..." menu), and gotten stuck.  It certainly seems like you ought to be able to load/browse fileIns this way... I think it might be another out-of-the-box-friendly addition to 3.0.  This changeset just changes one method, FileList>>fileContentsMenu:shifted:.

For an actual account of a newbie getting stuck on this, see: