filestreams

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 22 18:40:47 UTC 2001

Generally speaking, I'd say the filestream stuff needs a complete
rewrite; the streaming ought to be separated from the naming, we ought
to try to allow some better use of platform abilities (simple copying of
a file should be useful for example - it would keep the type info intact
on Macs & Acorns, not to mention making it easy to copy from one
directory to another) and quite afew other improvments.

Fortunately, Craig's Flow stuff prvides some answers to much of this,
and old Interval code can be raided for some other parts. Optional
plugins could provide access to the OS copy/move/test/whatever.

tim

Fractured Idiom:- FUI GENERIS - What's mine is mine