Independent window (Re: Native GUI Squeak?)

Rick ricardosbc at netwave.com.br
Sun Feb 18 14:46:19 UTC 2001

Doug Way wrote:

> Rick wrote:
> >
> > Now, I would like to know if an application built with Squeak can run
> > 'standalone', with only its own window  - how? - or it always must run inside a
> > Squeak window.
>
> Technically, Squeak can currently run 'standalone', with only its own window, as long as you don't need to open any other native OS windows. :-)  Simply create your application so that it fills up the Squeak window, and don't use any of the inside-Squeak SystemWindows.

Yes, I can make my application window fill up the Squeak window, but it will still be identifyed at the title bar with Squeak icon and "Squeak! (C:\Squeak\Squeak.image)" words. How can I personalize this title bar to my application title and icon?
I built my application window as a StandardSystemView and I wondered if only this view could be opened on desktop without the main Squeak window rounding it...