Easy on the icons! (was Re: Native GUI Squeak?)

Jochen F. Rick nadja at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Feb 17 23:18:42 UTC 2001

> Just be very careful when you do this.  About 20% of the population
> (including me, although I'm an extreme case) is much more sound-driven
> or kinesthetic-driven than picture-driven.

Excellent point; however, I think Bruner (and Alan) mean icon in a larger
sense (something related to something by similarity) as opposed to the
computer icon (visual icon). In the larger sense of the word, the crash
sound that Macs used to make when crashing is an icon, because it
represent the crashing of the computer by the sound that a car makes when
it crashes.

Peace and Luck!

Je77