Squeak slowdowns (Unix 3.1)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 23 18:13:13 UTC 2001

On Friday 23 February 2001 08:51, Lex Spoon wrote:
> To clarify, does it *stay* in the bad state, once it gets there?

Good question. I get so annoyed working with an image in this condition that
I tend to save it and restart it. I assume that (since I'd already left it
sitting and came back to it when it was in that state) that it had been like
that all along once it had gotten into that condition. But I could have just
walked up to it and tried to interact with it at the beginning of a 5-minute
long bad spell that would have gone away on its own; I don't know.

I've been leaving my 3.1 image up since then overnight to see if it comes
back; it hasn't so far. I'll keep my eyes open, though.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com