Lost in Squeak world....

Rick ricardosbc at netwave.com.br
Mon Feb 12 04:20:52 UTC 2001

Well, I think I understood the usage of  "self changed:", and I added this line
with the correct selector just below the line that adds a new element to the
OrderedCollection, but the pane is still not updating, can't guess why :(

I started my project copying the PluggableFileList class renaming it - this
window is the closest one to my aim - and then began modifying all necessary to
fit my needs. VolListView is unchanged. FileListView is unchanged. In fileList
method I added some lines in order to display just the file names, not date
etc... In fileListIndex ( renamed to fileListIndx and copyed into my new class) I
made a change to add the fileName to an OrderedCollection instead of opening the
file, and added the "self changed: # editar" line - that is not working. And I
added a pane like follows (the one that should display the OrderedCollection):

 editionView _ PluggableListView on: self
  list: #editar
  selected: nil
  changeSelected: nil
  menu: nil.

The editar method just returns the OrderedCollection, that is defined in the
initialize method and initially contents a single line, just for testing. When
the application window is opened, editionView is correctly displaying that line,
but when I click to select a file name in fileListView pane, nothing happens... I
know that the file name is being added to the OrderedCollection by inspecting it.

What is wrong? I can't guess  :(