Mac VM 3.0.5MT (Danger Danger)

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Feb 14 00:49:06 UTC 2001

>>Well, it's likely a bug with the new gamma image, since I can use the
>>old image updated through the 3.1alpha stream just fine, with both the
>>old and new VM.
>
>Ya, but if the image is corrupt, then it's my fault, since the VM
>must have alters some bits somewhere it should not have!
>
>I know it lkupClass gets set to 8, which is a bad thing if you follow
>the logic. Thus I must assume some VM Code I've changed has
>introduced usage of a bad pointer somewhere which trashs just the
>right value.

Folks -

I think this is not a problem with the VM nor with the image.  There is no guarantee that the fully updated image can run the 3.1 updates from the beginning, since they essentially repeat the same updates, but under the wrong conditions.  As soon as I get a chance, I'll change the end-of-3.0 bumper file and make it smarter in this regard (should start at #3584 (yet to come)).

	- Dan