[BUG] Low Space problem in 3.0

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Feb 19 22:09:39 UTC 2001

>I just downloaded the new Squeak 3.0 final with the latest Windows VM and
>I'm trying to run it under Windows 2000.  I brought up the image and poked
>around some of the examples.  I then loaded in some simple turtle graphic
>classes which I've been using under 2.8, and when I tried to run the code I
>received a "Space is Low" alert.  Unfortunately, the system them proceeded
>to hang.  I've played with various incarnations of Squeak 3.0 and have
>always run into low space problems.  I'm certainly not doing anything that
>a person new to Squeak wouldn't be trying so it concerns me that the system
>always locks up.  Has anybody else run into this sort of problem?  I really
>like the way 3.0 has shaped up, but the stability (at least on my machine)
>is bothersome.

Hi, James -

It will help a lot, if you want follow-up on this, to be more specific:

	* include the file you read in

	* and what you executed

	* and the contents of the lowSpace error file
	    (assuming it got written)

Specific error reports help us to improve Squeak ;-)

Vague error reports just  make us feel bad :(

Thanks
	- Dan