Headless Comanche Server

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Fri Jan 5 17:22:55 UTC 2001

You can run VNC on the solaris machine and start squeak in the vnc
session...squeak seems to work well under vnc (at least on Linux)...that's a
quick and dirty was to avoid having to maintain an interactive X session,
yet still be able to access squeak to common maintenance things without
having to restart squeak interactively.

There's also the possibility of running a Nebraska server on the headless
image, and using a Nebraska client for maintenance duties, but there is no
security built into that scheme (that I know of anyway) right now.

Speaking of security, if you go the VNC route, you might also want to look
into wrappering that service with some secure transport mechanism (like
ssh).

- Stephen