Color Map flashing on Unix VM

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Mon Jan 29 01:42:04 UTC 2001

Just installed Squeak 2.7 on my Sun IPX under NetBSD 1.5. It has the
standard 8bit GX framebuffer installed with a greyscale monitor
attached. On startup and whenever I try to do anything, I get a very bad
level of color map flashing. I notice that, unlike the Mac VM, there is
no option for 1,2, or 4 bit color. Is this something that can be
compiled back in? Or perhaps there is some other work around?

I did check the swiki, but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

William
--
You better watch out, what you wish for;
It better be worth it, so much to die for.