Squeak CD-ROM contents available for review

Stephen T. Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Sun Jan 21 16:47:44 UTC 2001

Hello all,

Okay, so I've up-loaded a DRAFT of the proposed Squeak CD-ROM contents
to CREATE for your review and comment -- please let me know what's
missing in the way of packages, documents, and acknowledgments, etc.
Most of the VM sources are not there, but they're easy to add.

You can peruse the CD-ROM using ftp at
	ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/CD-ROM/

or via the Web at
	http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/CD-ROM/
(Note that the Web interface won't follow the links to the
subdirectories properly, but you can look over the html index pages).

To down-load the whole thing (240 MB zip file), just grab the file
	ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/CD-ROM.zip

Specific questions:

1) Who has more screen shots for the gallery? See
	http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/CD-ROM/Screen%20Shots/index.html

2) Who wants to try out the "Newbie -- out-of-box experience" image and
tutorial (the tutorial still has some VisualWorks-specific stuff in it
that I'm working over)? Up-load the image from
	ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/CD-ROM/Demos/Getting%20Started/

3) What packages, documents, etc. am I missing? See
	ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/CD-ROM/Packages/
and
	http://rain.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/CD-ROM/Packages/index.html

4) Whom have I forgotten to acknowledge or cite?

5) If you want to complain about the look of the web pages, please send
me a better design. I'm the audio guy, remember (i.e., no visual sense).

6) How can we make this more useful to readers of the book, and the
community in general?

Enjoy!

--

stp