newbie. creating keyboard shortcuts

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 18 08:46:50 UTC 2001

Hi

I extended the way the shortcut are handled so that each text object or
paragraph editor can share or have its own disptach table.
This way I can implement sort of method completion

This was working in 2.8 and I did not try with 2.9

> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:16:06 -0800
> From: Scott Wallace <Scott.Wallace at disney.com>
> Subject: Re: newbie. creating keyboard shortcuts
> To: Raymond Tiefenthal <r.tiefenthal at gmx.de>
> Cc: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
>
> Raymond,
>
> Look at PasteUpMorph.keystrokeInWorld:.  The way cmd-t brings up a
> transcript should serve as a good model for what you want to do.
>
> I use a customized version of this method on my system that also lets
> me get to a change sorter, get a new workspace, etc., very quickly,
> without having to touch the mouse.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>   -- Scott
>
> PS:  this is on 2.9a.
>

> At 12:01 AM +0100 1/18/01, Raymond Tiefenthal wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >i've searched the wiki up and down, but couldn't find any hint how to do
> >that. I want to assign code to keys. More preceisly, I want - lets say F1 -
> >to activate my browser window and - lets say F2 - to activate my workspace
> >whenever I press it from anywhere in a morphic project. It would be very
> >helpful, if you could show me some code on that.

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.