[ENH] Blob MPEG Player

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jan 6 06:55:44 UTC 2001

Attached is a change set for an interesting MPEG video player, not
your usual boring rectangular player. To use it you first need the
regular mpeg player see

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/mpeg3source.html

Once you can play regular MPEG movies then file in the attached
change set and do in a Morphic world.

BlobMPEGMorph newWithMovie: 'randomalien.mpg'

Just remember with Morphic anything is possible.

Do BlobMPEGMorph allInstances do: [:e | e abandon]
to kill them once the movie stops.

PS I was fortunate enough to be passing through Silicon valley just
before Christmas and bribed John Maloney with some Chinese food to
help me with the hard part of doing the BitBlt code. In some respects
I think one should be able to embed Morphics within Morphics without
too much hassle.

I'm sure someone could take it and make it spawn more than 4 children.

Enjoy.