Meaningful Swiki URLs?

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 25 09:44:58 UTC 2001

Yes you are right!

What I like wit WkiWorks is that we have meaningfull reference
like stef+fun+squeak

what I would like to know if thereis a possibility to merge two wikis
Or to have one wki synchonzed with another one.
For example  have one on my local machine and one main server then when
I connect Iwould like that the change I made on y local one are transported
to the server one: tell me if there are some conflicts.

> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:24:15 +0100
> From: Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se>
> Subject: Meaningful Swiki URLs?
> To: Squeak list <squeak at cs.uiuc.edu>
>
> Would it be possible to augment the Swikis to allow some pages to be
> converted from numbered names ("1235.html") to meaningful names, and/or
> adding named subdirectories with default index pages.
>
> This would be useful for certain more significant topics.
>
> In that way we could refer questions to meaningful URLs instead of
> essentially telling everyone to go to the swiki and search for a given
> topic?
>
> e.g. http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/15 might become
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/pws or something.
>
> others could be swiki/projects, swiki/download, swiki/faq, swiki/screenshots
> and so on.
>
> Whenever someone asks me about the type stuff, I can't remember the URL (I
> think one of them is 1241.html), or even what links to follow.
>
> Henrik

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.