[ENH][VM][UNIX]generalized async IO

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 28 23:43:34 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> I've patched the Unix VM so that any part of the VM -- including plugins
> -- may now register file descriptors to be checked with select()
> whenever ioRelinquishProcessor() is called.  I also updated the
> XWindows, sound, and sockets modules to use this general mechanism
> instead of their own private one.
Excellent move; how did you handle the need for different nuymbers of
arguments in the original code?

While you're tidying up, you  might like to remove the calls to
joystickInit(), serialInit() etc in sqXWindow.c - they're not needed at
all with plugins since those functions are called by the plugin-local
init code.If you leave them in and build a vm with the appropriate
plugins external you get problems.

tim