[enh] AlternativeDamageRecorder

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Jan 19 18:47:38 UTC 2001

I've been using it for a while without problems, it improves bouncing
atoms, and allows some removals of annoying
if-am-I-smaller-than-x-then-repaint-everything tests from various
morphs.

"Change Set:		AlternativeDamageRecord
Date:			23 December 2000
Author:			Daniel Vainsencher

Uses alternative heuristic for recording damage -
for any new damage (that isn't completely contained by the old damage),
compare the costs of drawing it and each existing rect to the cost of
drawing them merged. If a merge with any is cheaper, merge them, and run
the same test on the new area. The approximation of costs use should
handle many cases well that previously required special attention. Test
with bouncing atoms, see them cluster."!