Squeak and the thing GUI

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 8 17:50:19 UTC 2001

One thing was left out in the other posts: Squeak only opens one OS
window at a time.  This limitation will probably cause trouble for
developping programs that will fit smoothly into a foreign OS's desktop.

It's probably not too hard to accomplish, but it doesn't sound like
something Squeak Central would want to spend time on.  I imagine that
when you spend time thinking about computers of the future, it's hard to
step back and interoperate with the inferior computers of today.

-Lex