[ENH] Change List - Filter older versions

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Jan 3 10:32:40 UTC 2001

Gerardo Richarte wrote:

> you can remove all methods
> with a timestamp newer than the current stamp for that same method. As a
> result, you get a changelist with only those methods on the .cs file you
> opened, that whould overwrite newer versions if filed in.

I'd just like to note, without diminishing this effort, that simple as this
solution is it doesn't solve this problem completely--I'm just saying this
because it is a problem which I'd very much like to see addressed. If you
develop code for version A (or update older code for it) during the period
when also version A+1 is developed--the way things currently work, in other
words--then not all changed methods will be caught by this simple date test,
because also methods with older dates than yours may belong to version A+1
(and perhaps vice versa).

hoping that someone has a comprehensive solution in the works,

Henrik