Smalltalk ans Squeak presence at SIGCSE'2001

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jan 3 12:37:15 UTC 2001

Hi

I'm just reading the contents of SIGCSE'2001 (Computer Science Education)
and I noticed that there is a big presence of papers, tutorial
on teaching Java.

I was thinking that this could be good from this communitee to have a
presence there and propose for example a tutorial: Squeak for the
Teachers.  I could participate.

I saw that Mark is participating.
Mark do you know the fee paid for tutorial?

I was thinking to propose a tutorial named : Smalltalk for the Java
Programmer at OOPSLA because last time everytime I made a demo to non
smalltalker of Squeak they really get fascinated.

Any reactions?

Stef

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.