Celeste poll

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jan 20 17:05:44 UTC 2001

A while back we had some discussion about various features in Celeste.
Little was resolved, we all just went along with what's in the image,
and I personally just coded my own image to taste and forgot about it.
Well, I'm now starting from a new image and bumping into these things
again, so I'd like to revisit a few of these things.  Probably at least
o few people will think the same as I, but then again, there's not a
patch in here that *someone* doesn't like.

To get started, I'd like to take a quick poll about a few things.  I'll
post the summary in a week, and we can get an idea of how people are
using Celeste and where we should go next.  If you've ever used Celeste,
your input is appreciated.  Feel free to elaborate, too -- this isn't a
raw vote count, I just think everyone would like to see what everyone
else wants out of this thing.  And finally, just so you know, I'll
include your full response in the summary unless you ask otherwise -- so
if you'd rather be a stealth Celeste user but still be in the survey,
you'd better tell me.  :)

Cheers!  -Lex

1. How much do you use Celeste?

2. What do you think of showing a maximum of 200 (or whatever) messages
at a time?

3. What do you think of the status line saying "Showing X of Y messages
in Z"?

4. What do you think of the "custom filter move" function, where you
click and your message goes to an appropriate category automatically?

5. What do you think of the auto-selection of custom menus, where you
click "custom" and it will try to pick an appropriate filter depending
on what message is selected?