newbie. morphic is sluggish on my PC

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jan 28 15:43:49 UTC 2001

On Sunday 28 January 2001 07:28, Pennell, David wrote:
> Thanks, but I'm not sure how I helped.  I think I'm still
> having a serious problem with 2.9 performance.
>
> I'm running a 2.9a image with updates through 3193.
> If I open a fresh Morphic project and enter it, it uses
> 30-35% of my CPU.  If I do the same with a MVC project,
> it uses 100% of the CPU.  I see the same results with
> the 2915 and 3125 updates that Bruce published.

On Linux, I see a fresh MVC project using between 3% and 95% of a CPU.
If I open a single browser window in that MVC project, usage goes down to 6
or 7 percent.

There seems to be an inefficiency if there are no MVC windows.

A fresh Morphic project uses about 10% of a CPU; if I kill off the project
navigator it goes to about 6%.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA