a Squeak VM on any given CPU...

Rick ret at deltanet.com
Sat Jan 6 22:21:18 UTC 2001

Hi,

Both Tim Rowledge and Peter Crowther had said things about OO and Smalltalk systems and hardware performance...

I had also heard Alan Kay say that some of his early VM work was based on his knowledge of an old Burrows architecture...

I'm wondering if there are any papers on what Smalltalk "dream machine" hardware might look like?

Or how might you predict the performance of a Squeak VM on any given CPU architecture?

Cheers,

-Rick-

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we're curious." - Walt Disney