Meaningful Swiki URLs?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Jan 24 17:24:15 UTC 2001

Would it be possible to augment the Swikis to allow some pages to be
converted from numbered names ("1235.html") to meaningful names, and/or
adding named subdirectories with default index pages.

This would be useful for certain more significant topics.

In that way we could refer questions to meaningful URLs instead of
essentially telling everyone to go to the swiki and search for a given
topic?

e.g. http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/15 might become

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/pws or something.

others could be swiki/projects, swiki/download, swiki/faq, swiki/screenshots
and so on.

Whenever someone asks me about the type stuff, I can't remember the URL (I
think one of them is 1241.html), or even what links to follow.

Henrik